Monday 11 June 2012

My First Batch of Empties!

It's not often that I have the patience, or even like a product enough, to use the whole thing. I find that nine times out of ten, I end up throwing away a lot because I've had it longer than you're supposed to, it's started to smell weird, or it's gone a strange colour! Particularly with skin care. I feel now that my tastes are beginning to settle down a bit and I'm becoming a little less fickle with my purchases.

So here are a few things that I've used up recently, with a little review and whether or not I'll repurchase!

Sanctuary Mandelular Sensuous Body Souffle; Yves Saint Laurent Top Secrets Eye Make-up Remover; Clinique Clarifying Lotion, Skin Type 2; ckIN2U her.

I love Sanctuary products, mostly because of the smell. My local Boots started selling the Sanctuary scented candle recently, so I've moved onto that as well now! I loved this moisturiser, it's so, so rich and creamy. I get a bit impatient if moisturisers don't soak in quickly enough, because I don't like feeling greasy, but this absorbs like a dream. It's around £10 for a huge tub, so it lasts ages; I think it's super good value. I'm holding off buying this at the moment because I'm going to try something different, I'm thinking Kiehls, but I know it won't be long before I buy a pot of this, even if it's a travel size!

The YSL makeup remover came in some kind of gift with purchase, I can't even remember when; there's a strong chance I snaffled this from my Mum's bathroom. I really like oily eye makeup removers, you know the ones that you have to shake to mix the two layers? I'm sure there's probably a technical term for this, but I don't know it. I think they're really gentle on the eyes and you don't have to rub too much to remove even waterproof makeup. This one is particularly gentle and works really well. I do prefer the Lancome one over this, and I've got a feeling this one is ever so slightly more expensive.

The first skincare I ever used, way back when, was the Clinique 3-Step Skincare system. I bought all three steps, but over time I've tried new things and found a better combination of things that work. It's probably psychological, but I think that using everything from the same brand means nothing works as well as it should. Totally all in my mind! The Clarifying Lotion is the one thing I have stuck with. It feels so fresh after cleansing my face and it takes off any last little bit of makeup that might have been left. I love the tingly feeling; it feels like it's really doing something! I've started to have little niggly doubts that maybe it's too strong for my skin, because it does smell like paint stripper. It was probably alright for my teenage skin, but what now? I have no idea what I could replace it with. I know I'll repurchase it because it's been such a constant for me!

The Calvin Klein perfume was something that I bought on a whim in the sale in Debenhams. I bought my boyfriend the men's version and the romantic in me thought it would be too cute if we had matching smells! Turns out I like the girl's version wayyy less. This has been the sort of scent that I'll use on a day that I'm not going out of the house, or just at work for a few hours. I can almost certainly say I won't repurchase this, not because it's not nice, because it is, but just because there's so many others I want to try!


RIP Chanel Coco Mademoiselle. My boyfriend bought me this for Christmas two years ago, and it's finally all gone! I knew this day would come, and now it has. Now I must not be a hoarder, and I should throw the bottle away! This was the first proper 'luxury' perfume I owned and I loved, loved, loved it. However, I will say I'm a little bit over the smell of it now. On other people it always smells very light and fresh, and just delicious, but on me I find it smells almost, hot? I don't know how to properly describe it, but it smells quite cloying on me and tends to get up my nose a bit. So for that reason, and the fact that it costs a million pounds, I probably won't buy it for myself again. It's been a good two years!

So now I'm on the hunt for a new perfume, any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading and commenting.

Every single comment makes me have excited tummy butterflies.