Sunday 1 July 2012

A very good eye makeup remover. With an even more agreeable price tag.

I'm a huge fan of oil based eye makeup removers. I don't know if they are actually oil based, in the technical sense of the term, or if they just feel oily? I have a paranoia that if I rub my eyes too much when removing my makeup that I'll get really wrinkly before my time. I love that with these oily eye makeup removers you only have to swipe your eyelids a few times to remove your makeup, even pesky waterproof mascara!

It all started off with Clinique,  then I moved onto Dior, and I'm currently in love with Lancome Bi-facil. The fact that it's £20 doesn't sit well with me though, particularly when I'm supposed to be saving! I'm still suffering the fall out from my student days, so spending that much on an eye makeup remover is an unaffordable luxury! I have found before that I have a very sensitive eye area; I've woken up with unsightly eye eczema one too many times now! For that reason I tend to spend a little more on eye products.

So imagine my unadulterated glee when I found No7's Beautiful Skin Eye Make-Up Remover. It caught my eye immediately because, aside from the packaging, it looks exactly like Bi-facil. 


No7 has always been on the periphery for me; it's generally not a brand that I go for at all. It reminds me all too much of stage makeup; caked on and with a definite makeup-y smell! But when I saw this was priced at only £7.75 I had to try it. I will add at this point that I did have a £5 No7 voucher which did considerably aid my decision.. £2.75!

And like it I do. It's easily comparable to any other eye makeup remover I have ever used. It removes every scrap of makeup, no fuss. There are no apres-cleansing panda eyes either, like with other makeup removers that only appear to have done the job! It does leave an oily residue on the skin, obviously, but there is absolutely no trace of this after cleansing. I'm sure it's probably all in my mind, but my general eye area seems to be brighter after having used this for a couple of days!

If you have a penchant for pricey makeup removers, I would seriously recommend this if you start to feel the pinch! I cannot even begin to explain how impressed I am with this little bottle, without sounding like a walking, talking advertisement. It's literally amazing! This is definitely going to become a facial staple. And with a No7 voucher, which Boots seem to be giving away these days, this is hard to say no to. I think you have to spend £5 in order to get one - deodorant and razors, BAM.

Are there any other holy grail eye makeup removers I should know about?

2 comments:

  1. I have recently run out of my clinique eye makeup remover and have a no7 voucher so I may pick this up. Does it work well with waterproof mascara?

    Laura
    www.whitewintersblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works really well on waterproof mascara. I was seriously surprised considering it's so reasonably priced! It's definitely worth a try I'd say. I really like the Clinique one too!

      Love your blog :-)

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting.

Every single comment makes me have excited tummy butterflies.