Wednesday 20 February 2013

Lee Stafford's My Big Fat Lock and Rollers

So, it's common knowledge that I am the greatest sister in the world. I have two younger sisters, who are twins, and I think it's safe to say that they both strive to be just like me in all that they do. Yeah. I bought one of my sisters some heated rollers for Christmas and because she loves them SO much I asked her to write down just why she liked them, so I could put it on the world wide web.


My sister has asked me to write a little something about the AMAZING Christmas present she got me. It’s a well known fact that I strive for that curly, voluminous look when it comes to my hair, yet I never managed to achieve it with just my straighteners and salt spray. So I’ve never been more excited than when I unwrapped a hot pink box containing none other than Lee Stafford’s My Big Fat Lock and Rollers!
Never having used heated rollers before I watched numerous YouTube videos detailing the etiquette required to master the heated roller and I would like to think I’ve finally got the hang of it. It’s fair to say I can now 100% get the volume and curl I so much desire, Lee Stafford I salute you.
  I not only adore the look I get from these rollers, I adore how the rollers look, they come in a hot pink case, with three different sized rollers, all different shades of pink to differentiate size. I LOVE pink and they look beautiful in my room. When turned on, the rollers heat up super fast; and have a dot to indicate when they're warm enough to use, but I always leave them a little bit longer to make sure the curls hold. To prepare my hair I section it out and spray it with Batiste dry shampoo, XXL volume at the roots. When putting the rollers into my hair I start with the biggest rollers at the bottom, this isn’t the conventional way but I much prefer the smaller curls on top for the style I’m trying to create. When all roller’ed up I give them all a quick spray with L’oreal Paris, Elnett Satin extra strength hairspray and wait until the beautiful pink rollers are completely cold on the inside. I always get that glamorous film star feeling when I have them in! How I look is probably a different story altogether. When removing the rollers you have to take extra care not to disturb the curl as you take them out. The fact you don’t need to mess around with pins and grips make this a lot easier.
A teeny tiny downside to these magnificent rollers is the size of them, an additional smaller roller would be nice but not essential. There are also four rollers that don’t fit in the case therefore you have to wait for them to heat up separately which is a little irritating but the end result makes it so worth it.
The rollers are made from tourmaline so your hair remains really soft and shiny, which everyone wants. The end result is gorgeous volume and curl; I get compliments every time I use them, which is always a confidence booster! I genuinely have nothing bad to say about the performance of these rollers! I wouldn’t have thought of buying them
myself so I have a massive thanks to say to my sister Steph and of course to Mr Lee Stafford!

1 comment:

  1. wow - your looks gorgeous! I'd love to get my hair looking as voluminous as that. I've got heated rollers but they're much smaller so give me that Victorian doll/8-year old on their way to their Holy Communion ringlet look :/ I'll be getting a set of these - much more sophisticated, thanks for the review! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting.

Every single comment makes me have excited tummy butterflies.