Tuesday 19 February 2013

Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse

So, after hearing so much about this product, I told Mummy Stephnose that I wouldn't mind some Nuxe goodies for Christmas. She absolutely came through and under the tree I found the Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse coffret. Don't ask me what coffret means, I have absolutely no idea. It was what I call, in layman's terms, a gift set.


Included in said gift set, was a full size Huile Prodigieuse, a mini travel size of the gold shimmery version (which I'm yet to use), Anti-fatigue moisturising cream and a 'la bougie' candle. I didn't even know Nuxe made candles, so that was a lovely extra surprise. I absolutely LOVE the oil. The smell is so fresh and light, as is the oil itself. I was so that I wasn't going to enjoy this product, because I really don't like feeling greasy and oily to the touch, but this feels dry from the moment of application, which is a big plus for me. I can get dressed approximately a minute after spritzing this; I have been known to dry body oils with a hairdryer before this came along. What I really like is that the scent lingers in a really subtle way. In the summer, I probably won't need to worry about perfume when I use this.

So this can be used on the body, face and hair, however I only rate it on the body. I have used it on my face twice and really didn't enjoy the sensation. If anything, I felt like it actually dried my skin a little bit. In the hair, for me, this is a definite no-no. I only used a small amount on the ends and when my hair dried there was a definite residue which I don't get with other hair oils. I felt like it just sat on the surface of each hair and it made it very heavy and greasy. Won't be doing that again!

The anti fatigue moisturiser is a delight - it's swiftly become my night time moisturiser. It does say use in the morning but I find it a bit too heavy and oily for the morning. It smells like an absolute dream too, which I think is perfect at bedtime. And at only £19.50, I think it's positively bargainous.

The stand out from this set for me is the candle. It smells exactly like the oil. It burns so evenly and cleanly and has lasted SO long. I only wish it had been bigger. I'm rationing it and using my less luxurious candles unless it's a proper pampering night! Sadly, I don't think you can buy these candles outside of the gift set, which is a pain. All the more reason to ration it!

You can still buy this gift set from a few websites, but at a ridiculously inflated price! My advice would be to keep an eye on whether M&S get it back in stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading and commenting.

Every single comment makes me have excited tummy butterflies.