Monday 13 August 2012

NOTD #4

It's a new day. The Olmypics have fled my little seaside town, it's raining, and I've got earache. So to cheer myself up I've painted my nails with a shade I haven't used for yonks. I love doing this, I use a nail varnish that I've sort of fallen out of love with and remind myself all over again why I liked it in the first place.
 
Revlon Nail Enamel in 211 Charming
I love this colour! I really like having pastel nails, but think they can look a bit cheap sometimes, so I really like that this isn't an in-your-face shade of lilac, but slightly more subtle. It's another one of those colours that renders me stupid and makes me stare at my nails for prolonged amounts of time. I don't think this nail varnish gets the recognition it deserves either, due to other rather more famous shades of lilac hogging the limelight!

A little glittery accent from Topshop's Razzmatazz - £6
To begin with I thought it would be really difficult to apply because it has a really thin brush, but it goes on an absolute dream and only takes two coats to reach opacity. It's just so summery, I can't get enough of it. At the last minute I decided to add a glittery accent, but didn't want to go overboard and ruin everything, so just painted half of one nail with Topshop's Razzmatazz. I also didn't want to use too much because I credit this with ruining my nails last time I used it! Hardest nail varnish to remove EVER.

On a side note, check out the arm candy! I hardly ever wear jewellery, so this is a big thing for me! I saw it in Topshop at the weekend and loved it. It's little spikes if you can't see it properly.. 

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for reading and commenting.

Every single comment makes me have excited tummy butterflies.