Friday 10 August 2012

NOTD #3; Go Team GB!

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I am absolutely gripped by the Olympics. I can't stop watching it. I'm really lucky to live in an Olympic host town, so we have HUGE screens up on the beach that are showing the Olympic coverage non stop. The atmosphere down there is amazing - it feels like you're really there. Of course when it's a sailing event you are, in fact, really there. I think the 'Inspire a Generation' thing is totally on point too, I absolutely want to be the next Helen Glover.

So, with all the patriotism floating about, I decided to get in on the nail art game. Thankfully, my sister has the steadiest hand in all the land, so I got her involved on this one. Union Flag nails!

Excuse the gin picture, I had to include it because it just looked SO British.

This is just my favourite ever. I love my nails like this, I just can't stop staring at them. I end up looking like a total moron at work because I just sit at my desk smiling down at my nails. So many people have asked me if they're nail wraps or stickers or whatever, because my sister has just done such a wonderful job. Props to her. It's extra amounts of fun to cheer on Team GB with nails like this, supporting from the sofa!

L to R: Rimmel, 030 Double Decker Red; Barry M, 66 Matt White; Essie, 92 Aruba Blue.

We decided that the best approach was to use a higher quality base so that it lasted longer and then just use cheaper colours over the top. I'm really glad we chose the Essie polish because I actually really like it on it's own, which is bizarre because I've always disliked blue nail varnish. It might not actually be called Aruba Blue, sorry about that, but the writing has rubbed off the top! If you want Union flag nails, these are definitely the exact shades to choose, the colours and the vibrancy of them are all perfect. Apart from the white, obviously. White is just white.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading and commenting.

Every single comment makes me have excited tummy butterflies.