Saturday 7 July 2012

Nail of the Day #1

 
M&S Limited Collection, Pale Peach - £3.99; Models Own Hed Kandi Ibiza Mix - Boots, £5.
I have LOVED the Models Own Hed Kandi range sinec I first saw it. I am truly smitten with glitter nail varnishes. They're just so much more interesting than a plain polish. I think I like that they're a bit tacky, but because it's only a teeny part of one's attire, it doesn't really matter.

Please everyone excuse my hideous fingernails in this picture; I swear no matter how hard I try, I always have horribly dry, crispy cuticles! I bought this M&S nail varnish for my sister when she came home from uni for the summer. I thought it was loving, sisterly thing to do, and she hasn't used it once! Hadn't even taken it out of the bag. So I thought in that case she probably wouldn't mind if I used it! I've never used M&S nail varnish before, and was a bit dubious, because if I'm being honest, M&S wouldn't be my first port of call for a nail varnish. I absolutely loved this though. The consistency is perfect - a lot of light colours look very streaky and need lots of coats for even coverage, but I think I could have got away with just one coat of this. In the picture I'm wearing two coats. I really liked the brush too. This is going to sound ever so odd, but I have very wide fingernails, so am always really glad when nail varnish has a nice wide brush!

A very bad habit of mine is to get bored very quickly with my fingernails. After less than a day of wearing just Pale Peach (how originally named!), I decided I needed to paint some glitter over it. I always do this; get really bored and end up doing it purely for the sake of doing something. And then usually regretting it. I decided to add Ibiza Mix on just the one finger, which I actually love. Even though my boyfriend says I look like I have a weird nail fungus. I just don't care. I've tried this over brighter polishes and it just doesn't look as good. You can really see the colour of the glitter when you paint it over a lighter colour. Success!

I really didn't think I could write this much about nail varnish, so I'm sure lots of this is very waffley. In the future I will endeavour to keep these posts to just a picture and the name. Job done.

PS. Check the rain in the photos, EUGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading and commenting.

Every single comment makes me have excited tummy butterflies.