Wednesday 25 July 2012

NOTD #2; two of my favourite things!

Essie Mint Candy Apple
I snapped this photo the other night when I went down to the harbour with my sisters for fish and chips. It was such a gorgeous evening so we decided to go down and make a proper summer evening of it! My town is hosting the Olympic sailing events so everything is just exploding with Olympic-ness at the moment. For a small seaside town that gets it's fair share of bad press, it feels incredibly exciting and actually worth being here at the moment. There's a really amazing atmosphere. Being surrounded by all the festivities has got me properly into the Olympic spirit and I'm crazy excited for it all to kick off now.

And the fingernails! I'm wearing Essie Mint Candy Apple, which I've completely fallen back in love with. I always overlook this nail varnish, I have no idea why, I seem to have a love/hate relationship with it. It's not until it's painted and dried that I remember how much I love it. It's one of those nail varnishes that makes me stare non-stop at my nails! I love the clashy pastel colour with the brights of the Coca-Cola can. I'm definitely going to try and remember to wear this shade more often.

If anyone has become as obsessed with the union jack as I have, keep your eyes peeled for more flag themed posts! A piece of trivia for you, did anyone know it's only called a union jack if it's on a boat? Apparently, on land it's just called a union flag. Can anyone confirm or deny this shocking piece of news?!

2 comments:

  1. I bought Essie Mint Candy Apple a few weeks ago but haven't tried it yet. My boyfriend told me about the union jack/ union flag thing but I didn't believe him!

    Laura
    www.whitewintersblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like such a big thing doesn't it?! I feel like if it was true then surely I would have found out before now! It should be common knowledge! haha..
      Steph
      x

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting.

Every single comment makes me have excited tummy butterflies.